Gir National Park located in Gujarat will now be opened for wildlife lovers from October 16. The tourism activities of the park were disrupted since the month of March due to the Covid 19 pandemic, which is now conditionally opened. Tourists will be able to see the Asiatic lion after a long gap. Wildlife enthusiasts have reasons to be happy now as they have missed watching the majestic Asiatic Lions for so long.
Mandatory Covid -19 Guidelines and Protocol to be followed
Central government as well as state forest department has appealed general public to follow the corona health protocol strictly while visiting Gir National Park. There is no doubt at all that there are various challenges related to safety amid the ongoing pandemic.
Important Instructions for Visitors
- Avoid visit if you have any symptoms of COVID-19.
- Persons 10 years below and 65 years above shall not be permitted to visit Gir Jungle Trail/Devaliya Safari Park.
- To ensure the social distancing the seating capacity in the vehicles are reduced to 50%.
- Face masks/shields are compulsory for all the visitors including eco-guides and safari vehicle drivers.
- Visitors are advised to carry the sanitizers and use them as and when required.
- It’s better to avoid touching surfaces as much as possible.